Composites are more complex than traditional materials, due to the specificities of their structures. They are too often applied in a "black design" way: simply mimicking metals structures does not allow one to reach the full extent of composites' capabilities. At CCS, we are dedicated to design parts and study the manufacturing methods in a concurrent effort, optimizing both product and production effort, and delivering an optimal composite engineering solution.
Every application can benefit from composites: why not yours ?
We rely on a specialist team to tackle the design of composite parts from the load case definition, to production readiness and post-analysis. Our engineering activites encompass:
- Initial design, application of structural mechanics and design principles
- CAD and other numerical modelling
- Laminate analysis, optimization of composite lay-ups
- Material selection and characterization
- Implementation of composite material models
- Numerical analysis via Finite Element Method (FEM)
Process simulation and optimization
- Composite process selection
- CAM and manufacturability assessment, drapability analysis
- Proof of concept: demonstrators for advanced composites manufacturing or automated maintenance
- Composite automation assessment, change of process technology studies
Our software partners
Siemens, as the biggest engineering group in Europe, is active in a vast range of technology fields, such as aerospace, automotive, energy or healthcare, offering state-of-the-art physical and digital solutions. Their well-known NX software is for example widely used in many industries for its integrated properties. In the world of composite CAE, they also developed the Fibersim software, which enables the user to perform a joint engineering process for composite design (analysis, design and manufacturing intertwined).
Robotmaster is a CAD/CAM software edited by Hypertherm Robotic Software Inc. It provides off-line coding and simulation of robotic based jobs, such as trimming, machining, coating etc., while permitting path optimizations and automatic detection of potential manufacturing problems. We currently couple it with our KUKA robot arm to perform various manufacturing tasks with customed end-effectors.