Open Position - Project Engineer - Advanced Composites
The Project Engineer will coordinate and direct projects related to advanced composite structures. In this role, you will support the development of new products from concept design to production with your strong technical expertise under the direction of the director and with minimum supervision. You will also engage in bid proposal and technical sales activities under the direction of the Managing Director.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Lead and coordinate technical projects following PMI standards
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to project team members, both internal and external
- Apply sound engineering principles to analyse, develop and execute technical concepts and developments, while adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Propose business opportunities and initiate new projects
- Keep abreast of new technological development on composites (product, material, equipment, test, process)
- Promote advanced composites through articles, speeches, seminars and other events
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Process Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 4 years of related professional work experience (OR a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 8 years of related professional work experience)
- Working experience in Aerospace, Consumer, Sports Equipment, Offshore / Oil&Gas or Medical Industries
- Proficient in english language
- Technical background and experience fiber composite structure design & manufacturing
- Experience with advanced fiber placement (AFP) or automated tape laying (ATL) equipment
- Experience with advance preforming, such as braiding, embroidery, patch preforming
- Experience in project management, ideally PMI standard
- Previous exposure to engineering services or consulting
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and ability to work in SME environments
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Composite design experience, including software tools, e.g. ESAcomp, ComposiCAD, Fibersim
- Experience with common CAD software packages, e.g. ProE, CATIAv5, Solidworks
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full-time position is open immediately
Why Join CCS?
CCS works on the forefront of advanced composites, with global customers from small innovative start-ups to multi-national corporations. We are pushing the boundaries of high performance materials and provide a wide range of solutions to our customers.
The large variety of projects from Aerospace, Oil&Gas, Medical, Lifestyle to Automotive and our network of high-tech partners open opportunities for personal growth and competency development.
We are passionate about composite technologies and promoting them wherever we are. We are looking for creative minds with strong entrepreneurial DNA. Our projects are challenging, our customers demanding and our expectations high. Do you have what it takes?
Talk to us. And we’ll find out!
email us at: info -at- compositecluster.com