SCG Chemicals joins CAC
Singapore, 1 November 2018: SCG signs MoU to join Singapore based Composite Application Center (CAC) consortium.
SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd. is the 13th partner joining the consortium led by CCS, which aims to drive the development of advanced composites markets by delivering industry- and application-focused services. CAC provides a platform for developers and users of composite technologies focusing on customer trials, prototyping, pilot manufacturing, maintenance, training, and support services. SCG complements CAC’s current partner setup by bringing in petrochemical materials expertise, large scale manufacturing and R&D capabilities and a strong industrial network in their domain.
“SCG is actively pursuing advanced composite technologies. By joining the CAC, we will be able to explore new opportunities on applications for our developed composite resins and team up with experts in composite value chain to further drive the development of composite technology to applications.” explains Dr. Suracha Udomsak, R&D Director and Emerging Business Director, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd.
“On behalf of CAC, I’d like to welcome SCG on board. We are delighted that SCG, being a major industrial player based in the ASEAN region, will complement the group’s setup. It is an important link to Thailand, which will play a key role for CAC’s activities in terms of industrial base and serial production technologies. SCG has already business relations with CAC partners for many years, which is an excellent basis for collaboration within the group.” says Dr. Florian Doetzer, MD CCS.
About SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd.
SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd. is one of the largest integrated petrochemical companies in Thailand. As a key industry leader in Asia,the company offers a full range of petrochemical products, new technologies and innovation for the creation of high value-added products (HVA) and service solutions, including but not limit to high-performance composite material.
CAC is an industrial consortium of international companies active in the field of advanced composites. The group is providing its joint expertise and facilities to cover all parts of the composite value chain, including materials, software, manufacturing equipment, process technologies, as well as general manufacturing and product development. Product companies can leverage on CAC to reduce initial investments and risk for composite related product design & manufacturing. Manufacturers are able to utilize CAC’s support to build or expand their composite manufacturing capabilities. The ability to cover end-to-end solutions is reflected in the synergetic setup of the launch partners.
CAC Partners are:
- Admiralty International Pte Ltd - Composite Manufacturing
- Cevotec GmbH - Advanced Fiber Layup Equipment & Software
- Composite Cluster Singapore Pte Ltd - Composite Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions
- Covestro AG - Materials
- Filacon Systems by Tajima GmbH - Advanced Preforming Equipment
- Fraunhofer IGCV - Applied R&D
- Hufschmied Zerspanungssysteme GmbH - Machining Tools
- iNDTact GmbH - Sensor Systems & Data Analytics
- Plasmatreat GmbH - Plasma Equipment
- SGC Chemicals Co., Ltd. - Petrochemical Materials
- Sakura Tech (S) Pte Ltd - Plastics Manufacturing & Tooling
- Singapore Polytechnic’s School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering - Education & Research
- Stratagem Innovation Singapore Pte Ltd - Composite Repair, Inspection and Training